Concurrency doesn’t need to be confusing. Start writing concurrent code that improves performance, scales up to handle large volumes of data, and takes full advantage of modern multi-processor hardware.
Too many developers think concurrency is extremely challenging. Learn Concurrent Programming with Go
is here to prove them wrong! This book uses the easy-to-grasp concurrency tools of the Go language to demonstrate principles and techniques, steadily teaching you the best practices of effective concurrency. Techniques learned in this book can be applied to other languages.
In Learn Concurrent Programming with Go
you will learn how to:
- Implement effective concurrency for more responsive, higher performing, scalable software
- Avoid common concurrency problems such as deadlocks and race conditions
- Manage concurrency using goroutines, mutexes, readers-writer locks, and more
- Identify concurrency patterns such as pipelining, worker pools, and message passing
- Discover advantages, limits, and properties of parallel computing
- Improve your Go coding skills with advanced multithreading topics
Concurrent programming allows multiple tasks to execute and interact simultaneously, speeding up performance and reducing user wait time. In Learn Concurrent Programming with Go
, you’ll discover universal principles of concurrency, along with how to use them for a performance boost in your Go applications. Expert author James Cutajar starts with the basics of modeling concurrency in your programs, demonstrates differences between message passing and memory sharing, and even introduces advanced topics such as atomic variables and futexes.