This easy-to-read, hands-on guide demystifies concurrency concepts like threading, asynchronous programming, and parallel processing in any language.
In Grokking Concurrency
- Get up to speed with the core concepts of concurrency, asynchrony, and parallel programming
- Learn the strengths and weaknesses of different hardware architectures
- Improve the sequential performance characteristics of your software
- Solve common problems for concurrent programming
- Compose patterns into a series of practices for writing scalable systems
- Write and implement concurrency systems that scale to any size
demystifies writing high-performance concurrent code through clear explanations of core concepts, interesting illustrations, insightful examples, and detailed techniques you can apply to your own projects. You’ll learn effective concurrency practices that will help you leverage multiple cores, excel with high loads, handle terabytes of data, and continue working after hardware and software failures. The core concepts in this guide will remain eternally relevant, whether you’re building web apps, IoT systems, or handling big data.