The skills and knowledge you need to grow from a solo coder into a productive member of a software development team, along with seasoned advice on everything from effective refactoring to acing an interview.
In Code Well with Others: Be an effective team player
you will learn:
- The skills you need to succeed on a software development team
- Good coding practices for writing maintainable code
- Techniques for testing, commenting, and maintaining code others will use and read
- Refactoring code you didn’t write
- How to be a tech leader
- What to expect from a technical interview process
- Getting around gatekeeping in the tech community
Slinging excellent code is only part of what it takes to succeed as a software developer. You also need to know how to work effectively on a dev team. Code Well with Others
is a best practices guide for succeeding on a software development team. This unique experience-driven book explores the essential skills that you might not have learned as a solo coder, such as writing maintainable code, unit testing, and refactoring. It’s also full of timeless advice that you’ll use throughout your career, from aceing tech interviews to setting yourself up for team leadership.