Protect the Sitting Duck Shipping company from password theft—the most common type of security breach. In this liveProject, you’ll arm the company’s lab environment against these types of attacks by enabling multi-factor authentication (MFA) for IaaS, the server, and the web application. To provide your best recommendation to the company, you’ll evaluate various algorithms and factors that can be used to set up its MFA.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
These liveProjects are for security professionals who want hands-on experience implementing passwordless authentication, and for software developers who want to better understand modern authentication. To begin these liveProjects you will need to be familiar with the following:
- AWS Console basics
- Intermediate Linux command line
- Basic understanding of authentication (including multi-factor)
- Web application stack basics (web servers, network protocols)
Note: The AWS instance could cost some money if you have already used up your free tier.
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn to enable MFA for IaaS, the server, and the web application. These skills will help you protect against password theft and improve end-user experience.
- Protect AWS Console with MFA
- Protect access to EC2 Instance with MFA
- Protect WordPress dashboard with MFA
- Research typical attacks on MFA
- Research possible countermeasures
- Evaluate MFA-setup algorithms and factors
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.