In this quick liveProject, you’ll write a UI that simulates water drops on a window during rain. You’ll use nested lists, the random library, and tkinter to increase droplet size with certain probability, and resetting sizes when drops become too big.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
When you start your liveProject, you get full access to the following books for 90 days.
These liveProjects are for beginner Python programmers with a basic mastery of the language, and an understanding of common Python libraries. To begin these liveProjects, you will need to be familiar with:
- Basics of Python
- Basics of pandas
- Basic data structures and algorithms
- Recursive functions
you will learn
In these liveProjects, you’ll learn important Python skills that will take you from a beginner to an intermediate programmer. These skills are an excellent foundation for data science, app development, and scripting.
- Common Python libraries
- MIMEMultipart messages
- Simulating probability with random libraries
- Creating a UI window, canvas, and adding and manipulating objects
- Brute-force solutions
- Dealing with missing or bad data
- Plotting columns in a data frame
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants and our expert mentors.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.
- book resources
- Get full access to select books for 90 days. Permanent access to excerpts from Manning products are also included, as well as references to other resources.