In this liveProject, you’ll test your data wrangling and data processing skills using the Julia language. You’ll step into the role of a data scientist for a real estate company with a new task from your boss—analyze and clean housing and census data for the marketing and sales teams. You’ll employ the popular Julia package DataFrame.jl as well as powerful statistics related libraries to successfully explore these datasets, and prepare them for machine learning.
This liveProject is for experienced data scientists and data analysts who are interested in building their skills in Julia. To begin this liveProject, you will need to be familiar with:
- Basics of Jupyter notebook
- Basics of Julia and intermediate knowledge of another high-level programming language such as Python or R
- Intermediate data wrangling
- Intermediate data visualization
- Basics of bootstrapping
- Basic usage of command pipelines
- Basic usage of functions and control flow
- Basic errors and correlation analysis
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn to use the powerful Julia language and its rapidly developing ecosystem to perform essential data preprocessing tasks.
- Tabular data ingestion and integrity validation
- Exploratory data analysis using descriptive and graphical techniques
- Feature selection and feature engineering
- Data cleaning and preprocessing
- You choose the schedule and decide how much time to invest as you build your project.
- Project roadmap
- Each project is divided into several achievable steps.
- Get Help
- While within the liveProject platform, get help from other participants.
- Compare with others
- For each step, compare your deliverable to the solutions by the author and other participants.