The best-thought-out and researched piece of literature on the jQuery library.
list of lab pages
foreword to the first edition
preface to the second edition
preface to the first edition
about this book
about the authors
about the cover illustration
Part 1 Core jQuery
1. Chapter 1 Introducing jQuery
1.1. Power in the economy of code
1.3. jQuery fundamentals
2. Chapter 2 Selecting the elements upon which to act
2.1. Selecting elements for manipulation
2.2. Generating new HTML
2.3. Managing the wrapped element set
3. Chapter 3 Bringing pages to life with jQuery
3.1. Working with element properties and attributes
3.2. Changing element styling
3.3. Setting element content
3.4. Dealing with form element values
4. Chapter 4 Events are where it happens!
4.1. Understanding the browser event models
4.2. The jQuery Event Model
4.3. Putting events (and more) to work
5. Chapter 5 Energizing pages with animations and effects
5.1. Showing and hiding elements
5.2. Animating the display state of elements
5.3. Creating custom animations
5.4. Animations and Queuing
6. Chapter 6 Beyond the DOM with jQuery utility functions
6.1. Using the jQuery flags
6.2. Using other libraries with jQuery
6.4. Miscellaneous utility functions
7. Chapter 7 Expand your reach by extending jQuery
7.1. Why extend jQuery?
7.2. The jQuery plugin authoring guidelines
7.3. Writing custom utility functions
7.4. Adding new wrapper methods
8. Chapter 8 Talk to the server with Ajax
8.1. Brushing up on Ajax
8.2. Loading content into elements
8.3. Making GET and POST requests
8.4. Taking full control of an Ajax request
8.5. Putting it all together
Part 2 jQuery UI
9. Chapter 9 Introducing jQuery UI: themes and effects
9.1. Configuring and downloading the UI library
9.2. jQuery themes and styling
9.3. jQuery UI Effects
9.4. Advanced positioning
10. Chapter 10 jQuery UI mouse interactions: Follow that mouse!
10.1. Dragging things around
10.2. Dropping dragged things
=== === / Sorting stuff === Changing the size of things === Making things selectable === Summary
11. Chapter 11 jQuery UI widgets: Beyond HTML controls
11.1. Buttons and buttonsets
11.3. Progress bars
11.5. Date pickers
11.8. Dialog boxes
11.10. The end?
© 2014 Manning Publications Co.
About the Technology
A good web development framework anticipates your needs—jQuery practically reads your mind. You'll fall in love with it when you see 20 lines of code reduced to three. jQuery is concise and readable. And with version 1.4, there's even more to love including new effects and events, usability improvements, and more testing options.
- In-depth jQuery 1.4
- Complete coverage of jQuery UI 1.8
- DOM manipulation and event handling
- Animation and UI effects
- Many practical examples
- combo $44.99 pBook + eBook
- eBook $35.99 pdf + ePub + kindle
Clear, concise, complete - the only jQuery core book you'll ever need.
Indispensable! A lively and detailed exploration of jQuery.
They've done it again - created an invaluable companion in the quest for jQuery mastery.
If jQuery is your religion, this book is your Bible!