In this liveProject, you’ll take on the role of a cloud engineer who’s just accepted a new role at an eCommerce company. Your new employer uses Terraform to create and provision their cloud, and you’re in over your head. You need to quickly get up to speed with how Terraform works, by building a complete functioning network. Once you’ve mastered your network, your new boss has a task for you: create the infrastructure for the team’s microservices, figure out how to implement a continuous deployment pipeline, and manage NoSQL services. To tackle these challenges, you’ll use cost-effective resources from AWS and automate them using Terraform to make your colleague’s lives easier.
This project is designed for learning purposes and is not a complete, production-ready application or solution.
This liveProject is for developers and cloud engineers with a basic understanding of Cloud essentials, networking basics, database basics, and backups. Some small costs ($10-$20) may be required to access AWS resources.
- Logical Reasoning and Application
- Basics of AWS
- Basics of Terraform
- Basics of networking
- Building a network layout from scratch
- Building and Deploying manually on ECS using Docker
- Deployment automation to ECS cluster using CI/CD concepts
- DynamoDB Backup and Replication using Lambdas
you will learn
In this liveProject, you’ll learn how to manually build a network with a VPC and subnets, and then learn how to automate that network with Terraform.
- Setting up Terraform
- Creating a custom VPC, public subnets, and EC2 instances
- Configuring and testing security
- Deploying microservices onto EC2
- Working with storage backups
- Creating database replicas
- Blue-Green deployment