If you're a PowerBuilder programmer, Internet and Intranet Applicationswith PowerBuilder 6 is your ticket to learning Web.PB and related technologies. The book covers everything you need to know to build web browser and server programs with the PowerBuilder 6 Internet Toolkit. Also covered is how to write winsock programs with PB, and Distributed PB is covered to the extent necessary to learn Web.PB.
- Ramp up quickly to program with the Internet Toolkit
- Build Internet applications with Web.PB, Windows Plug-in/ActiveX and Datawindow plug-in
- PB6 Web programming details such as:
- Infrastructure: Web servers, browsers and architecture
- Implementation: Distributed PB servers, remote objects and distributed functions
- Interfaces: common Gateway Interface, NSAPI, ISAPI
- Winsock programming with PB: How to send Internet mail with PB6