|Spring in Action, Fourth Edition
MEAP Began: March 2013
Softbound print: November 2014 (est.) | 500 pages
|Order now and start reading Spring in Action, Fourth Edition today through MEAP|
|MEAP + eBook only - $39.99|
|MEAP + Print book (includes eBook) when available - $49.99|
|* For more information, please see the MEAP FAQs page.|
|About MEAP Release Date Estimates|
|Every purchase includes a free eBook of the previous edition!|
TABLE OF CONTENTS, MEAP CHAPTERS & RESOURCES
|Table of Contents||Resources|
PART 1: CORE SPRING
1. Springing into Action - FREE
2. Wiring Beans - AVAILABLE
3. Advanced wiring - AVAILABLE
4. Aspect-oriented Spring - AVAILABLE
PART 2: SPRING ON THE WEB
5. Building Spring web applications - AVAILABLE
6. Rendering web views - AVAILABLE
7. Advanced Spring MVC - AVAILABLE
8. Working with Spring Web Flow - AVAILABLE
9. Securing web applications - AVAILABLE
PART 3: SPRING IN THE BACKEND
10. Hitting the database with Spring and JDBC - AVAILABLE
11. Persisting data with Object-Relational Mapping - AVAILABLE
12. Working with NoSQL Databases - AVAILABLE
13. Caching data - AVAILABLE
14. Securing Methods - AVAILABLE
PART 4: INTEGRATING SPRING
15. Working with remote services - AVAILABLE
16. Creating REST APIs with Spring MVC - AVAILABLE
17. Messaging in Spring - AVAILABLE
18. Messaging with WebSocket and STOMP - AVAILABLE
19. Sending emails with Spring - AVAILABLE
20. Managing Spring Beans with JMX - AVAILABLE
21. Simplifying Spring development with Sring Boot - AVAILABLE
Spring Framework is required knowledge for Java developers. Spring 3.2, the latest major version, builds on the core Spring 3 features like SpEL, the Spring Expression Language, new annotations for the IoC container, and much-needed support for REST. Whether you're just discovering Spring or you want to absorb the new features, there's no better way to master Spring than with this book.
Spring in Action, Fourth Edition is a hands-on guide to the Spring Framework. It covers the latest features, tools, and practices including Spring MVC, REST, Security, Web Flow, and more. You'll move between short snippets and an ongoing example as you learn to build simple and efficient J2EE applications. Author Craig Walls has a special knack for crisp and entertaining examples that zoom in on the features and techniques you really need.
- Updated for Spring 3.2
- Environment-specific configuration using definition profiles
- Spring Data for NoSQL
- Using annotations to reduce configuration
- Working with RESTful resources
- Spring Expression Language (SpEL)
- Security, Web Flow, and more
Nearly 100,000 developers have used this book to learn Spring! It requires a working knowledge of Java.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Craig Walls is a software developer at SpringSource. He's a popular author and a frequent speaker at user groups and conferences. Craig lives in Plano, Texas.
ABOUT THE EARLY ACCESS VERSION
This Early Access version of Spring in Action, Fourth Edition enables you to receive new chapters as they are being written. You can also interact with the authors to ask questions, provide feedback and errata, and help shape the final manuscript on the Author Online forum.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Sign up to read more content when it is released and to receive news about this book.