|C# in Depth, Third Edition
MEAP Began: February 2013
Softbound print: June 2013 (est.) | 631 pages
|Order today and start reading C# in Depth, Third Edition today through MEAP|
|MEAP + Ebook only - $39.99|
|MEAP + Print book (includes Ebook) when available - $49.99|
|* For more information, please see the MEAP FAQs page.|
|About MEAP Release Date Estimates|
Table of Contents, MEAP Chapters & Resources
|Table of Contents||Resources|
PART 1: PREPARING FOR THE JOURNEY
1. The changing face of C# development - FREE
2. Core foundations: building on C# 1 - AVAILABLE
PART 2: C# 2 - SOLVING THE ISSUES OF C# 1
3. Parameterized typing with generics - AVAILABLE
4. Saying nothing with nullable types - AVAILABLE
5. Fast-tracked delegates - AVAILABLE
6. Implementing iterators the easy way - AVAILABLE
7. Concluding C# 2: the final features - AVAILABLE
PART 3: C# 3 - REVOLUTIONIZING DATA ACCESS
8. Cutting fluff with a smart compiler - AVAILABLE
9. Lambda expressions and expression trees - AVAILABLE
10. Extension methods - AVAILABLE
11. Query expressions and LINQ to Objects - AVAILABLE
12. LINQ beyond collections - AVAILABLE
PART 4: C# 4 - PLAYING NICELY WITH OTHERS
13. Minor changes to simplify code - AVAILABLE
14. Dynamic binding in a static language - AVAILABLE
PART 5: C# 5 - ASYNCHRONY MADE SIMPLE
15. Asynchrony with async/await - AVAILABLE
16. C# 5 bonus features and closing thoughts - AVAILABLE
A. LINQ standard query operators - AVAILABLE
B. Generic collections in .NET - AVAILABLE
C. Version summaries - AVAILABLE
As the C# language grows and develops, it's becoming ever more expressive and powerful. Because it's the foundation for most .NET programming, you'll use C# whether you're slamming out a quick Windows 8 utility or digging into a complex distributed Windows application. You can do amazing things with generics, lambda expressions, dynamic typing, LINQ, iterator blocks, and other features-but first you have to learn C# in depth.
C# in Depth, Third Edition updates the best selling second edition to cover the new features of C# 5, including the challenges of writing maintainable asynchronous code. It preserves the uniquely-insightful look into the tricky areas and dusty corners of C# that only expert Jon Skeet can provide. In this third edition, you'll see the subtleties of C# programming in action, learning how to work with high-value features that you'll be glad to have in your toolkit. The book helps readers avoid hidden pitfalls of C# programming by providing crystal-clear explanations of "behind the scenes" issues.
- Updated for C# 5
- Deep coverage of the new async/await feature
- How C# works and why it works that way
- A version-by-version approach that puts the evolution of C# into context
This book assumes you've already gotten started with C# and are hungry for more!
About the Author
Jon Skeet is one of a kind. He's a Senior Software Engineer at Google, and a highly visible personality in newsgroups, user groups, international conferences and the Stack Overflow Q&A site. Jon spends much of his day coding in Java but his heart belongs to C#.
About the Early Access Version
This Early Access version of C# in Depth, Third Edition enables you to receive new chapters as they are being written. You can also interact with the authors to ask questions, provide feedback and errata, and help shape the final manuscript on the Author Online
Want to learn More?
Sign up to read more content when it is released and to receive news about this book.