|Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches
MEAP Began: June 2012
Softbound print: December 2013 (est.) | 375 pages
|Order today and start reading Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches today through MEAP|
|MEAP + Ebook only - $35.99|
|MEAP + Print book (includes Ebook) when available - $44.99|
|* For more information, please see the MEAP FAQs page.|
|About MEAP Release Date Estimates|
Table of Contents, MEAP Chapters & Resources
|Table of Contents||Resources|
1. Before you begin - FREE
2. Deploying the web server - AVAILABLE
3. Exploring and launching a website - AVAILABLE
4. Managing application pools - AVAILABLE
5. Adding additional websites to your server - AVAILABLE
6. What every administrator should know about web applications - AVAILABLE
7. Securing your sites and web applications - AVAILABLE
8. Securing the Server - AVAILABLE
9. Protecting data in-flight with certificates - AVAILABLE
10. FTP and SMTP with IIS - AVAILABLE
11. Sharing administrative responsibilities through remote management - AVAILABLE
12. Optimizing sites for users and search engines - AVAILABLE
13. Building a Web Farm with Microsoft Network Load Balancing - AVAILABLE
14. Building a Web Farm with Application Request Routing - AVAILABLE
15. High Availability for ARR using Microsoft NLB - AVAILABLE
16. Sharing Content and Configuration to the Web Farm - AVAILABLE
17. Sharing IIS configurations for a Web Farm - AVAILABLE
18. Using the Centralized Certificate Store for certificate management - AVAILABLE
19. Web farm provisioning with the Web Farm Framework - AVAILABLE
20. Disaster Recovery for IIS - AVAILABLE
21. The Final Exam - AVAILABLE
22. Never the end - AVAILABLE
23. IIS PowerShell Cheat Sheet - AVAILABLE
24. Lab Setup Guide - AVAILABLE
When your website slows to a crawl, Exchange stops sending internet mail, or SharePoint goes down, it doesn't matter if your business card says "IIS Administrator." You have to get things working again. Fast. IIS is the fundamental communication gateway for many Microsoft servers as well as the primary technology for publishing web sites. Knowing how to manage IIS effectively can mean the difference between a successful business solution and a vacant parking lot.
Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an innovative tutorial designed for busy administrators. Even if you have no prior exposure to IIS, you can follow the crisp explanations, examples, and exercises in this concise, easy-to-read book. Just set aside one hour a day—lunchtime would be perfect—for a month, and you'll be managing, securing, and automating IIS administrative tasks faster than you thought possible. You start with IIS fundamentals, like navigating the management tools and configuring the environment. Then, you'll systematically explore, web farm design and implementation, managing multiple web sites with high availability, and solid security practices that every administrator should know.
And did you know that Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, and Lync all need IIS to work properly? This book will teach you what you need to know about IIS to keep those servers running smoothly—and what to do when they aren't.
- 24 bite-sized lessons with practice examples
- Managing IIS as a web server
- IIS for Microsoft Exchange or SharePoint, System Center, and Lync
- No IIS experience required
- Get ready for IIS 8 on Server 2012
Written for anyone who needs to manage IIS, whether as an IT pro or reluctant administrator.
About the Author
Jason Helmick has two decades of experiences as an IT consultant, trainer, and author. He's the Director of PowerShell Technologies at Interface Technical Training where he focuses on teaching administration and automation of Active Directory and Internet Information Services. Jason is the founder of the Arizona PowerShell User Group (AZPOSH) in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Early Access Version
This Early Access version of Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches enables you to receive new chapters as they are being written. You can also interact with the authors to ask questions, provide feedback and errata, and help shape the final manuscript on the Author Online
Want to learn More?
Sign up to read more content when it is released and to receive news about this book.