Jobs at Manning
We have an opening for a full-time Acquisitions Editor to acquire quality books and authors in the field of computer science. The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar role and be looking to move to a leading publisher with greater responsibility and flexibility in their day-to-day role. Some experience with computer technologies would be a major asset.
What you'll be doing:
- Internet research and reading to stay on top of market developments
- Contacting potential authors to discuss potential book projects
- Mentoring potential authors in the preparation of book proposals and book plans
- Market research in order to find data to back up proposals
- Presentation and discussion of proposals with the publisher
- Negotiation of contract terms, royalties and advance payments
- Overseeing books through to publication
- Day-to-day contact with other members of the team: editors, marketing, publisher, production
- Active participation in launch and marketing of books
- Helping development editors with issues concerning authors, content and schedule
- Writing the marketing and back cover copy for new titles
To Apply for this Position:
This is a remote working role and the successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to manage their own time and workload while maintaining a high level of quality output and consistent performance. In return, Manning publications offers a unique opportunity to work with flexible working hours and remuneration based partly on performance. To register your interest in the role please send a covering letter along with your CV to email@example.com.
About Manning Publications
Manning is an independent publisher of computer books for software developers, engineers, architects, system administrators, managers and all who are professionally involved with the computer business. We also publish for students and young programmers, including occasionally for children. We are an entirely virtual organization based on Shelter Island, New York, with many staff working from far-flung places like Manila and Zagreb.