Own IT: How to succeed in your tech career is a guide to taking control of your professional life. It teaches you to approach your career with planning and purpose, always making active decisions towards your goals.
This is a fundamental book that any engineer in our industry should add to their library!
Whatever your road to success, you’ll benefit from the toolbox of career-boosting techniques you’ll find in Own IT: How to succeed in your tech career
. You’ll discover in-demand communication and teamwork skills, essential rules for professionalism, tactics of the modern job hunt, and more.
In Own IT: How to succeed in your tech career
, you will:
- Define what “success” means for your career
- Discover personal branding and career maintenance
- Prepare for and conduct a tech job hunt
- Spot speed bumps and barriers that can derail your progress
- Learn how to navigate the rules of the business world
- Perform market analysis to keep your tech skills fresh and relevant